After the Application
All applications are in a "pending status" until the end of semester when all grades are posted and the final review is completed. To ensure a timely review, students must complete the following:
- Submit official transcripts from any other colleges or universities attended ifunits earned will be used to satisfy degree or certificate requirements
- Submit official reports of any AP, CLEP or IB scores, if scores earned will be used to satisfy degree or certificate requirements
MISSING DOCUMENTS WILL DELAY THE EVALUATION PROCESS OR RESULT IN A DENIAL.
Some Reasons for Denial could be because you did not:
- Complete a minimum of 60 degree applicable units for an Associate Degree
- Complete a minimum of 60 transferable units for the Associate Degree for Transfer
- Make up an Incomplete Grade from a past semester
- Have cummulative 2.0 degree applicable grade point average for an Associate Degree
- Have cummulative 2.0 transferable grade point average for an Assoicate Degree for Transfer
- Submit official copy of transcripts from other institution(s)
- Complete required courses for the major with C (or P) or better
- Complete 12 residency units at Mission College
- Submit proof of current semester enrollment from other institution
When to Expect Your Award
Awards will be mailed to the address written on the application approximately three
months after the end of the semester when the application was submitted.
All applicants will receive information regarding Commencement in early May. Visit the COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY page for more information.