Petition to Graduate
The links to the petition to graduate applications are as follows:
Information on commencement is here.
After you have submitted an application (see Petition to Graduate above) you will receive a receipt of application email letter from Admissions & Records with your application status:
- Denied. If the letter states that you must provide more information, please make sure you do that at your earliest convenience as you will not receive any further correspondence.
If you have questions once you receive your letter, please see a counselor.
Graduation Status Definitions
You will receive the "approved" status if you have completed all of your requirements.
You will receive the “approved pending” status if you are enrolled in your final classes the semester for which you have applied.
You will receive the “denied” status if you are not enrolled in your final classes during the semester for which you have applied. If you are denied, you will need re-apply for graduation in the term you will complete your requirements.
Some Reasons for Denial
You did not:
- Complete a minimum of 60 units for an Associate Degree
- Make up an Incomplete Grade from a past semester
- Have 2.0 (C) cumulative grade point average
- Submit official copy of transcripts from other institution(s)
- Complete required courses for major with C or better
- Complete 12 residency units at Mission College
- Submit proof of current semester enrollment from other institution
When to Expect Your Diploma
Your degree should be posted by the dates listed under "graduation policies" of the term in which you have graduated. Your diploma will be mailed to the address listed on your Application for Graduation. If your address change, please update your address in person, and notify the Records office.
Transfer Requirements & Curriculum Guides
CSUGE-B: California State University General Education-Breath (requirements for students transferring to CSU).
IGETC: Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum requirements for students transferring to CSU or UC.
Additional Information, please see Articulation Documents & Resource.