Counseling Advising Resources

Counselor talking to student

View a comprehensive list of degrees and certificates available at Mission College. All GE and major sheets are also on the Articulation website.
Associate in Arts and Associate in Science Degrees (AA/AS)
  • Mission College will confer the ASSOCIATE IN ARTS (A.A.) or ASSOCIATE IN SCIENCE (A.S.) degree upon a student who successfully completes graduation requirements in the major, competency and general education listed in the College Catalog at the time studies begin. Those requirements may be followed throughout the course of study as long as the student remains in continuous enrollment which is defined as enrollment for at least one regular semester, summer session or winter session each academic year. If a break in attendance occurs, the graduation requirements shall become those listed in the College Catalog which is current at the time studies are resumed.
  • Reciprocity Agreement: Mission College has entered into a mutual agreement with eight other Community Colleges* to accept the General Education of these colleges "as completed". This means that students who obtains a certification of completion of the Associate Degree General Education requirements at any one of the participating colleges will have both their General Education coursework and graduation proficiency accepted "as completed".  Students will still be required to complete all courses needed for the major. For more information, see your Mission College counselor. *Participating colleges: DeAnza College, Evergreen Valley College, Foothill College, Gavilan College, Las Positas College, Ohlone College, San Jose City College, West Valley College.
  • Second Associate Degree: Students that have been granted an Associate Degree from a California Community College accredited by the ACCJC or WASC will have both their General Education coursework and graduation proficiency accepted "as completed".
  • Baccalaureate Degree Holders: Students that have been granted a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university in the United States will have both their General Education coursework and graduation proficiency accepted "as completed".
  • General Education and Competency Requirements
  • Major Curriculum Guides
  • Application for AA/AS Degree
Transfer Degrees: Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T) & Associate in Science for Transfer (AS-T)
  • The Student Transfer Achievement Reform Act (STAR) enables the California Community Colleges and California State University to collaborate on the creation of Associate in Arts and Associate in Science Degree programs for transfer. These AA-T and AS-T degrees allow students to complete an Associate's degree and satisfy lower division general education and major requirements for transfer at the same time.
  • Transfer Degree Requirements
  • Application for AA-T / AS-T Degree
  • Additional Transfer Resources (IGETC list, CSU GE list, etc.)
Certificate Programs
  • Certificates of Achievement are granted to students who complete all the occupational education courses constituting the major in their program. General Education courses which are required for the Associate in Science degree are not required for the certificate. The Certificate of Achievement is designed for students who wish to seek employment as quickly as possible after they have achieved an employable status. The certificate is intended to serve as an evidence that the student can perform the duties and responsibilities of the job for which the certificate program has prepared him/her.
  • Certificate Programs
  • Application for Certificate

What can you do with your major? Find out here and here!