Mission College engineering students
Earn an associates in science degree (AS)
Take courses that satisfy UC and Cal State transfer requirements
- Class sizes ranging from 20-32 students
- Get real world experience with an internship
- Friendly and supportive environment
Engineering Department Events
Click here for upcoming engineering events (above: students at Varian Labs in Palo Alto)
What Do Engineers Do?
The "Helping Profession"
- Engineers are problem solvers.
- Engineers use their background in math, science, and engineering to solve technical problems that satisfy human needs or wants.
- Engineers figure out how to design and make new products or develop large-scale systems (such as a transportation system or a water treatment plant).
Engineering problems usually involve teams of people, so engineers must work well with others and communicate.
Most engineering jobs are fulfilling because engineering work tends to be important to the well being of others. Engineers create the future technology that all of us will live with.
If you want to shape your world and you like making a difference in peoples’ lives – an engineering major could be the perfect academic program for you!
Why Study Engineering at Mission?
There are over 25 engineering specialties, with more added each year. For example, Mechatronics combines electrical, mechanical, and software engineering.
Mission College is a great place to begin most engineering programs.
Mission College is an accredited two-year California Community College. We offer students the lower division coursework they will need for the majority of engineering majors.
Students from Mission College transfer to four-year schools after completing their lower division coursework. This process takes most students two to three years.
Our Engineering students have transferred to:
- UC Santa Cruz
- UC Davis
- Cal Poly - San Luis Obispo
- San Jose State
Part-Time Engineering Instrutors Wanted
What We Are Looking for in an Engineering Instructor
- Strong background in engineering materials or materials science
- Coursework in Engineering Graphics
- Strong background in using computer tools
- Experience using Solidworks or other 3D modeling tool
- Knowledge of 3D printers
- Teaching experience in Engineering and related fields
- Coursework and/or experience in Engineering and related fields
- Manufacturing processes experience
- Experience with the design, implementation, or coordination of STEM-related projects or initiatives
How about one of these exciting engineering courses?
Mechanics - Statics
Learn the principles of mechanics in 2D and 3D structures with EGR 23.Search for Classes
With EGR 26 students learn the appropriate materials to choose from-- metals, ceramics, polymers, compsites or semiconductors-- when designing projects.Search for Classes
Engineering Graphic Design
Take conceptual designs and develop sketching, drafting and computer aided (CAD) skills with EGR 25.Search for Classes
Are you a student looking for a research experience? See some of the opportunities available via places like Stanford, San Jose State, UC Santa Cruz and others!
Interested in a Career in STEM
Find out about all the interesting careers associated with the STEM field!
Be a Part of MESA
Interested in science? Want to join others interested in math, engineering or science? Be a part of MESA!
Start one of these Engineering Majors at Mission College (listed with Employment Projections and Salary information):
More information about the different engineering majors can be found at: http://tryengineering.org/become-an-engineer. Check out the Transfer Center to help with your career and educational goals.
Thanks for your interest in a STEM class at Mission College!