Staff Development Resources
The following resources are divided into two categories: Misson College Tools and External Online Resources. If you have recommendations for other resources, please email suggestions to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Mission College Library is interested in building its professional development collection. If you have materials to donate, please drop them off at the library. Materials will be evaluated according to the Library's policy on donations.
Mission College Tools
- Mission College Library collection (http://http://lib.wvmccd.cc.ca.us/search/) - search for print and ebooks, videos, and DVDs at Mission College Library and West Valley Library. You can also search for books from over 30 other libraries throughout California and Nevada through the Link+ system. If you wish to browse the section on education, curriculum, and assessment, browse the L - LC section of the library book collection. This pathfinder provides example titles in the library collection.
- Find articles in magazines, journals, and newspapers (http://www.missioncollege.org/lib/database_top.html) - The library subscribes to a number of databases covering many subjects. This link gives access to over 50 various databases such as ARTstor, Business, Culinary Arts and Psychology. Below is one database that is specifically for educational issues. Databases for Educatiors can be found on the Professional Educators' Subject page.
- Off-Campus Access to Inside Mission
- College employees must be registered in the Library system to access this resource from off-campus. Copies of the flex contract, instructions, and guidelines are available under the Staff Development Committee.
- WVM College District Web Site - College employees can access a variety of data after loging into the district web site. (Login Instructions)
External Online Resources
- @ONE (http://www.onefortraining.org/) - @ONE is provides resources and training to faculty and staff in the California Community Colleges with the goal of enhancing student learning and success. Many trainings are free and delivered to your desk-top.
- California Virtual Campus - Professional Development Center (http://www.cvc.edu/faculty/) - The CVC's PDC provides resources for those teaching or interested in teaching online courses.
- California Educational Technology Collaborative (CETC) (http://cccetc.org/) - This site provides information on all of the system wide projects in the California Community Colleges.
- California Community College Council for Staff & Organizational Development (http://4csd.cvc.edu/) - 4C/SD is an organization that provides training resources and networking opportunities for staff development professionals of the California community colleges.
- Company of Experts ( http://www.companyofexperts.net/) - Company of Experts.n international network of people with outstanding expertise in Consulting, organization development, Facilitating, Keynoting, and Training and Development of colleges, community colleges, schools and universities.
- Connect to Your Community (http://www.cccconfer.org/index2.aspx) - The CCC Confer project is located at Palomar College in San Marcos, California and offers web conferencing tools to allow communication and collaboration for all faculty, staff, and administrators in the California community college system. CCC Confer is ADA and Section 508 accessible.
- MERLOT ( http://www.merlot.org/merlot/index.htm) - This is an online library of learning resources.