The ESL Placement Test
The English as a Second Language (ESL) Placement Test will place you into your ESL courses.
Students should reserve two hours to complete this test.
It consists of two parts:
a timed computer portion with 75 multiple choice questions;
a timed writing sample on a specific topic.
It takes approximately five (5) business days to get your results back because an evaluator must grade the writing sample.
Do I need to take an ESL assessment to be placed in an ESL class?
Students who wish to take the ESL 930 or above do need to take an assessment. To take classes in English as a Second Language please follow the steps below.
- Apply online at MissionCollege.edu.
- Complete the required Assessment Preparation Form with your Mission ID number and select English as a Second Language.
- No appointment is necessary. View our Testing Schedule and arrive at the Assessment Center at least two hours before closing.
- Parking is enforced. Daily parking permits are $3.00 and may be purchased at any of the dispensers located in Lot B, C or D.
- For information on ESL placement levels, view the ESL course sequence.
More information about our ESL programs are at esl.missioncollege.edu.