Our campus is currently closed to the public, but we are accepting documents via email (.PDF/.JPEG/.PNG) to firstname.lastname@example.org (from your WVM email account.)
Financial Aid Office
Get started with Cranium Cafe using our help resources.
Temporary Hours for December 21-23, 2020
- December 21, 2020 - 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- December 22, 2020 - 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- December 23, 2020 - 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Get in line, let us help! The Financial Aid Virtual Lobby is here to assist you with questions and processes relating to FAFSA, California College Promise Grant, Scholarships, and other questions related to financial aid, The Financial Aid Virtual Lobby is open:
Temporary Hours for December 21-23, 2020 December 21, 2020 - 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. December 22, 2020 - 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. December 23, 2020 - 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. Get In Line for FINANCIAL AID Help Get in line, let us help! The Financial Aid Virtual Lobby is here to assist you with questions and processes relating to FAFSA, California College Promise Grant, Scholarships, and other questions related to financial aid, The Financial Aid Virtual Lobby is open:
Coronavirus Aid, Recovery, Emergency, Security Act (CARES Act) from the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) grant is intended as an emergency relief grant to assist student with expenses related to the distruption of the campus closure due to the coronavirus. For additional information and report details please click here 9.30.2020 CARES Act Report, 8.7.2020 CARES Act Report.
Financial Asssistance and Laptop Loans
We realize our students have a need for financial assistance and because of our community support we can offer students financial assistance, laptops on loan and wifi hotspots on loan. Students can go to resources.missioncollege.edu for details.
California College Promise Grant (waives fees)
See you you are eligible for the California College Promise Grant, which waives fees to Mission College.
Financial Aid Overview
You must apply for Financial Aid every year. The application become available October 1 for the next school year. For example, October 1, 2019 is for Fall 2020 to Summer 2021. We recommend applying from October 1 to March 2 each year.
Steps to Apply For Financial Aid
- Submit Your FAFSA/Dream Act application (it takes about 1-2 weeks for your application to be processed and sent to the college
- Check My Mission Portal (under Financial Aid status and it will tell you what forms you will need to fill
- Submit all documentation
- Select Bankmobile Refund Preference
Learn more about the financial literacy resources available on:
- On-campus events
- Jobs, Earnings and Paychecks
- Budgeting and Saving
- Understanding Taxes
- Banking and Credit Cards
- Identity Theft
Other Resources for Aid and Help
- Mission Cares has a variety of services available to students.
- Dreamers are supported at Mission.
- Zero Cost Textbooks are available for a number of classes. Check it out!
- Food for Textbook Program through the Library trades textbooks for cans of food.
- Second Harvest Foodbank has a monthly food pantry in Lot B.
- Homeless students and foster youth and specific resources on campus.
- Veterans are supported through our VALOR Center in the Campus Center.