Who is Eligible for Financial Aid?
The successful financial aid candidate is:
- a US citizen or eligible non-citizen,
- declares a program of study leading to a degree, certificate for gainful employment in a recognized occupation or a transfer program leading to bachelor's degree in a four-year institution,
- demonstrates "financial need" by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Or an eligible non-resident that is eligible for a Cal DreamAct.
- is not in default on any educational loan,
- does not owe a refund on any Title IV funds,
- has high school diploma, G.E.D. or state equivalent, Homeschooled or California High School Proficiency Exam (CHSPE)
- meets California residency requirements (for California Community Promise Grant, Cal Grants B & C, EOPS)
- maintains Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- and meets other requirements as appropriate to individual programs.
- Visit the Aid Programs page and then How to Apply to get started.