What is Summer Bridge? Receive an in-depth orientation to Mission College. Improve critical reading and math skills for college success. Meet students, faculty, and staff. Learn how to complete your collge and career transfer plans. Offered to Fall, 2014 incoming freshmen. Dates and more info here.
Steps to Success
- Submit an Application for Admission to Mission College: Apply Online. On-line applications have a 48 hour turn-around time after being received. You will receive 2 e-mails: 1 with a confirmation number and 1 with your student information and registration date. If you do not receive anything after 3 days, please contact the Admissions Office at (408) 855-5000.
- Take the Assessment Test: (Assessment tests are in Math, English, Reading and ESL. If you have taken classes in these subject areas, see Step #5.) Go to the Assessment Center (Room E1-101) or check Assessment Center test schedules here.
- Apply for financial aid (recommended): If interested, apply at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Go to the Financial Aid Office for help with the cost of education (Main Building, Room E1-401).
- Register for Orientation (REQUIRED of all new, transfer, returning, & non-exempt students. You are exempt from Assessment and Orientation if you have an AA/AS degree or higher. For more information on exemptions see a Counselor (Room E1-301): Register for Counseling 000A (Orientation to Mission College).
Students wanting to fulfill the orientation requirement and improve college study skills may want to enroll in Couns 001, 003, 005, or 023.
- Clear Prerequisite Classes: (Prerequisites are classes or skills required prior to enrolling in a specific course.)
- Submit official transcripts to the Records Office (Room E1-501) OR
- Email transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- Bring official or unofficial transcripts to the Counseling Office (Room E1-301)
If your prerequisites cannot be cleared by one of these methods, you will need to challenge the prerequisite through the appropriate department chair. For more information go to http://missioncollege.org/admissions/prerequisites.html
- Schedule a Counseling Appointment For An Educational Plan: Speak with a counselor about course recommendations, major and general education requirements.
Register online here at My Mission Portal.
Optional, but recommended Steps
- Financial Aid: Get help paying for school by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the Board of Governor's Fee Waiver.
- Bookstore: Purchase your books online or in person at the Bookstore located in the Campus Center
- Parking Permit: Obtain your parking permit online.
- Student Support (ACCESS, DSPS, EOPS, ASC, MESA): Take advantage of the great support services available to you at Mission College.
- Mission College ASG card: Go to the Campus Center Information Desk and show the receipt for your class fees to get your ASG (Associated Student Government) card.
Still need help? Visit the Welcome Center for assistance.