Mission College Commencement Ceremony 2018
Friday, May 25, 2018, 6:00pm
Santa Clara Convention Center
5001 Great America Pkwy
Santa Clara, CA 95054
The dates to file a petition for a degree are as follows:
Deadline to Petition for AA-T/AS-T degree, degree or certificate.is
Thursday, February 15, 2018,
The links to the applications are as follows:
Your Commencement Prep Guide
Degree and Certificate candidates wear a cap, a gown, and a tassel that may be purchased at the Mission College Bookstore beginning: May 8, 2018
These are yours to keep
The Mission College Bookstore and Office of Student Activities will be hosting a Grad Fair on May 8 and 9, 2018. Grad Fair will host graduation vendors Herff Jones to show class rings, grad announcements, and assist with any grad regalia questions. Grad Images will be here one day only, Tuesday, May 8 from 10am-3pm to take pictures in your cap and gown (free sitting fee). Redbull and Snapple will also be making an appearance distributing current and new products.
- Cap + Gown + Appropriate Tassel --- $56.95
- Gown Only --- $40.98
- Cap Only --- $10.98
- Tassel Only --- $6.98
- Stole of Gratitude (optional) --- $29.98
- Souvenir Tassel --- $12.98
Plus size graduation gowns are also available upon request.
Tickets may be picked up at the Mission College Bookstore until: Thursday, May 17, 2018. Each graduate will receive a total of 5 tickets each. All guests, including children of any age, will need a ticket to enter the Convention Center. Please contact the Office of Student Activities Tuesday, May 22, 2018 to check if there are additional tickets available.There will not be replacements for lost or stolen tickets. Any tickets that are duplicated or tampered will be confiscated at the door and will NOT allow for entry.
You can also pick up your FREE Graduation T-shirt at the Bookstore when you pick up your cap, gown, and tassel.
You must bring a valid Mission College student ID card or State Government-issued
ID in order to pick up your cap, gown, tickets, and free t-shirt.
You must purchase a Mission College-issued 2018 Commencement tassel in order to participate in the ceremony.
Also available for you
- Free “I'm Graduating” Invitation cards are available at the Info Desk in the Campus Center for graduates to give out to faculty and staff in appreciation of their support throughout your journey at Mission College!
- Blank Announcements may be purchased in the Mission College Bookstore.
- Personalized announcements may be ordered online at: http://www.cbgrad.balfour.com or by phone at: 1-800-433-0296.
Your Big Day!
- Please arrive dressed in your graduation regalia (cap, Mission College tassel, gown, cords, etc.) and report to the Santa Clara Convention Center Lobby starting at 4:30PM for check-in. Please be sure that all friends and family wait outside of the lobby. Only graduates will be allowed inside.
- Please use the restroom prior to lining up in the Convention Center Lobby. Graduates may use the restrooms in the Convention Center. Once you are seated in for the commencement ceremony, you will not be allowed to leave your seat. All participants MUST stay for the entire ceremony.
- Before you arrive at the gathering area, please leave ALL personal belongings (phone, jacket, purse, gifts, flowers, etc.) with your family members and friends.
- You will be given an information card to complete. You will print your name clearly (phonetically, if necessary) for the announcement of your name when you cross the stage. You will also write your name and address on this card and it will be given to the photographer so they may send you proofs of the pictures taken as you walk across the stage.
- Honor students will pick up their gold cord upon checking in at the Convention Center Lobby.
The ceremony will begin promptly at 6:00PM. Please arrive early to avoid any delays in the event.
Graduation Information Letter Packet
Free Parking is available in the Santa Clara Convention Center on site 3-story parking garage.
Additional overflow parking may be available in surrounding lots based on availability.
Please Keep in Mind
- No bags or purses will be permitted. Cell phones must not be visible and must be put on silent mode. Both hands must be free of any articles while crossing the stage. Please keep all conversations to a minimum and at a respectable volume.
- If you are receiving a Certificate and an Associates’ Degree, you can only cross the stage once. You can choose to walk with either the Certificate group or the Degree group, but not both.
- A professional photographer will be taking pictures. Proofs will be mailed to you and you may purchase prints, if you wish.
- Family and friends will not be allowed to approach the stage area during the ceremony. The stage area will be available following the ceremony for photo opportunities.
The following items will not be allowed in the Santa Clara Convention Center:
Balloons, horns, beach balls, noisemakers, canned string, or serpentine spray.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Rachael Goldberg at (408) 855-5407 or Liz Pelayo at (408) 855-5406 in the Office of Student Activities, Campus Center room 231.