What is Dual Enrollment?
If you are a high school students and you've completed the 9th grade, you can take college courses at Mission College. Begin earning college credit while you're still in high school.
Enrollment fees are waived for Dual Enrollment students, making it an excellent way to save money, explore your academic interests, and experience college-level studies.
|Summer 2022||Fall 2022|
|May 10 - Enrollment open for Class of 2023 only||August 9 - Enrollment open for class of 2023 only|
|May 11 - Enrollment open for Class of 2023 & 2024 only||August 10 - Enrollment open for class of 2023 & 2024 only|
|May 12 - Enrollment open for Class of 2023, 2024, and later||August 11 - Enrollment open for class 2023, 2024, and later|
High School Graduates
If you are (or will be) a high school graduate taking a class after graduation, go to our future students page.
Apply to Mision
Determine English and Math Placement
Visit placement.missioncollege.edu to determine your most appropriate placement using our Placement Assistance Tool.
Complete the Dual Enrollment Form
- Complete the Dual Enrollment form and obtain all necessary signatures from your parent or guardian as well as your
school designee. Once complete, submit the form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please allow at least 10 business days prior to the start of the Dual Enrollment registration
period for processing time. All forms received after this date will be processed as
quickly as possible in the order they are received.
- If you are registering in person, you must bring a current picture ID to confirm your
- You must clear your request for dual enrollment through your high school before you
Clear any prerequisites for the courses you wish to take prior to your registration date. If you feel you have met the prerequisite, please complete the Prerequisite Challenge form.
After your Dual Enrollment Form is processed, staff will communicate your assigned registration date to you via email. You can check your registration date and register for classes online via My Mission Portal.
Activate Your WVM Email
Once you register for classes, all correspondence will be sent to your WVM email. For assistance with this, please visit our Student Email page.
Pay Your Fees
Dual enrollment students only need to pay nominal student fees, which can be paid via My Mission Portal.
Vaccine and No Masks
- Masks are optional on campus.
- You must complete our Covid-19 Self-Screening Requirement when on campus available by downloading our Mobile App.
The app also allows you to search and pay for classes, log into Canvas, find a map, and chat with us on the go!
- For in-person courses, you must declare your vaccination status (or medical/religious exemption.)
- The info is verified by our vendor through a state database and followed up by Health Services with any discrepancies.
- District Vaccine Policy for Students
- Free PCR Testing on Campus
Vaccine and No Masks Masks are optional on campus. You must complete our Covid-19 Self-Screening Requirement when on campus available by downloading our Mobile App. The app also allows you to search and pay for classes, log into Canvas, find a map, and chat with us on the go! Declare Your Vaccination Status For in-person courses, you must declare your vaccination status (or medical/religious exemption.) The info is verified by our vendor through a state database and followed up by Health Services with any discrepancies. District Vaccine Policy for Students Free PCR Testing on Campus
Costs for Dual Enrollment students
Dual Enrollment students pay only for textbooks/course materials and the Student Representation and Student Health fees. All other fees are waived!
Dual Enrollment Policies
- Dual enrollment registration typically begins three (3) weeks prior to the starts of the semester/session. Exact dates are listed below.
- All dual enrollment students are required to submit the Dual Enrollment Form via email.
- Students may only register for courses that have been approved by their high school principal or designee. All substitutions must be approved by the high school designee and re-submitted through a new Dual Enrollment form to Admissions & Records.
- If a class is full, students may add themselves to the waitlist for the next available space in the course. Should space in the class become available students will be notified via email and have 48 hours from the time the notification is sent to register online. Once the 48 hours have passed if a student has not registered the seat will be offered to the next student on the list.
- A maximum of three courses not to exceed 8.0 units (including waitlisted courses) is permitted for each term (including Summer or Winter sessions).
- Kinesiology and 900-level courses are not eligible for Dual Enrollment.
- Students who miss the first day of class may be dropped from the class. However, it is your responsibility to drop classes online by the published deadline should you choose to no longer attend the class(es).
- Review the class schedule to ensure you meet all Academic Deadlines.
- Students are expected to conduct themselves in a responsible manner – see “Code of Student Conduct” (missioncollege.edu, “Schedule & Catalog”).
Students in the 9th Grade or Below
- Mission College admits a limited number of students below the 10th grade to participate in the Dual Enrollment Program
- These students often exhibit the highest levels of scholastic achievement, a desire to further challenge themselves academically, and the maturity to fully engage in college coursework.
- Students who feel they meet the criteria above are required to schedule a meeting with Connor Keese, Director of Outreach & Student Development, to request an exception.
Please note meeting with designated staff does not guarantee approval for admission. Students should provide prior to this meeting:
- Completed Dual Enrollment Form signed by designated school official.
- Unofficial copies of high school and/or middle school transcripts.
- Any additional documentation to support the student's request (e.g. outside coursework, achievements, etc.)