Student Email Accounts
All students are provided with a personalized email account through Microsoft Office 365. You will receive the email address upon registering for classes (NOT after submitting an application.)
This is also used for what is known as "Single Sign-on" and allows access into My Mission Portal and Canvas.
Your new email address will look something like this: email@example.com.
If you are taking an online class, this is the ONLY WAY you can log into Canvas and hear from your instructors and complete assignments.
Getting Help with Email
If you need help, please look at these step-by-step instructions or view the video below.
- Your default password is Wvm@(6-digit birthdate). For example: If your birthdate is June 23, 1999 then your password would be Wvm@062399
- You can find your email address here.
- Sign into My Mission Portal Here (under email.)
- What is my student ID?
- Still having problems with logging in?
- You can also talk to one of our Welcome Ambassadors in the Welcome Center.
Contact IS Support
IS Help Desk: (408)741-2696
They must include the following information:
- Full Name
- Student ID number example: G01234567
- Portal ID example: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal Email address Must be the email address on file with the college
- Phone number example: 555-555-5555
Forward Your WVM email to a Personal Account
Your email address can also be forwarded, click here for more information: Forwarding smail in Office 365.
Benefits of the New Email
We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the email system and to take advantages of the many perks that come along with it, including discounted memberships (Amazon Prime), free access to Microsoft Office 365 Pro for education, and more. See FAQs.